Ghost Recon: WILDLANDS a semi rant

Games, Games and More Games!!! Discuss ALL the games you enjoy playing on your PC
Please abide by the rules
#17543 by StealtH1S1K
17-04-2017 13:15
OK I decided to put up a little bit of my experience with this title.

After having over 200 hours play time I have found this to be one of those games 
I can play over and over.
Running on my 3960 X with 6GB 1060 I have had only 2 crashes which happened during the fast travel transition.
From recall I am running on high at 2560 x 1080

Amazingly I have only 3 minutes play with others as the first 2 "friends" decided to bum rush
the Koani UNIDAD base sure enough we all died fast. After that everything I went solo on.
Watch out for your friends lol.

A lot of the early glitches have been fixed since release of the title 3 update.

now for the fun stuff and not so fun but interesting
The costume releases including Assassin's Creed and Division and the upcoming Sam Fisher
If you want to run around Bolivia looking like another character and having a special weapon

well you need to own one of the titles in your library BUT I found as I have the 
division free trial Uplay considers me owning that title so free gear for me.
The drawback is the skins do nothing it could have been nice to have say the division carry a little more ammo
the AC outfit a little bonus to detection decrease etc.

My fave loadout and my style
After so many hours trying everything in the game
I have settled on the 
G28 sniper with the G28 scope, long barrel the ss angled grip and compensator.
P90 panoramic sight, short barrel, suppressed max handling for time to aim.
5.7 USG 3 dot laser and ammo upgrade.

I play for long range but if I get spotted I can switch to red dot on the G28 and engage up close.
I have that down to an art I can reliably kill at 400m ranges best is 603m. hard to do solo
as the mobs tend to vanish over the 600 -650 mark.

^^ not the G28 ^^

Ultimately this is one of those games I have truly enjoyed yet with some things that really annoy me.
The ghost team mate discussions. errmagerd how many times do we 
have to hear that one complaining about not being able to drive. 
In fact I wish they could drive and let me shoot.

Every SB soldier that sings their damn song. camping a base to snipe and plot. 
DUDE you can't sing so you are the first I'm going to shoot.

and finally on solo the ability for them to track to my exact position even when I have not fired a shot

any of you want to join for mayhem and madness feel free to add me on UPLAY

Stealth_1S1K_

I have played on all difficulties but on solo have settled on arcade just for the giggles.
Last edited by StealtH1S1K on 17-04-2017 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
#17547 by SgtT8ie
18-04-2017 12:29
Hey StealtH1S1K, great little summary.

Friends & I have only just started playing - currently for the anarchic open world mess we can create, as opposed to any semblance of actual squad cohesion.

How have you found using Ansel in game?  So far one of my teammates has given up on it due to Ansel causing a crash to desktop every time it was used & for me the first (and so far only) time I tried to use it I was stuck with a frozen screen for about 3 minutes, while I could still hear the audio happening around me, until it slowly came right.  I haven't tried since the last patch, but because the issues were so major I didn't want to chance it.

The open world freedom certainly makes the game better with Far Cry's style of being able to choose how you want to play, i.e. Stealth vs Assault; support or lone wolf etc.

200hrs is a long way from where I'm sitting, so I'm hoping the game can keep me entertained for as long as it did for you - but I'm already SOOOOOO over the squad banter.  This game was our group's choice to take over from Borderlands 2 as our online fun time.

Cheers again
Last edited by SgtT8ie on 18-04-2017 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
#17549 by StealtH1S1K
18-04-2017 14:00
The only issue I've had with using Ansel is during this shot

"Missed it by that much"

during the incoming missile alert then dodging and hitting Ansel it sort of bugged out my sound
and had the incoming missile text on screen for about half hour 
but that was a bug they had acknowledged and fixed with title 3

As this title is so intensive on component usage I would hazard a guess the crashing and lock ups
could be due to system specs. or more likely as I have found HDD just seems to not want to access a certain sector.

Another bonus is with the 3 save slots you can play from scratch over and over 
this time around I left my maxed out save
started another one and went collecting weapons etc before I finished Itacua
I had enough resources and skill points to flesh out early on.

TIP: If solo play max sync shot first.
My order of skill tree goes
Sync Shot
Stable Aim
Stamina
parachute
then later lvls I found the essentials are
Drone EMP lvl 15
Quiet Running lvl 10
Detection forgot the lvl
#17550 by SgtT8ie
18-04-2017 14:31
OK, thanks for that info, I'll have to trial Ansel again, now that it's updated.  Running an i7 4770 with 16GB DDR3 & a GTX1080 so I should be OK spec-wise (installed on an SSD).

I'm running 2 saves - a co-op only save for the campaign I'm running through with friends and another for the solo run.
#17554 by SgtT8ie
19-04-2017 11:32
Hi StealtH1S1K, I have a query

How did you take the screen cap of the sniper?  I have an issue when aiming that Ansel is unavailable & then add to the fact that ALT is the option to switch from iron sights to 3rd person... I'm scratching my head.

Have rebound something?  Or do you play in 3rd person aiming mode?

Thanks
#17570 by StealtH1S1K
19-04-2017 19:36
SgtT8ie wrote:Hi StealtH1S1K, I have a query

How did you take the screen cap of the sniper?  I have an issue when aiming that Ansel is unavailable & then add to the fact that ALT is the option to switch from iron sights to 3rd person... I'm scratching my head.

Have rebound something?  Or do you play in 3rd person aiming mode?

Thanks

oh that. well first when laying down it almost perfectly lines up the rifle 
second option as I have done to multiple games that use alt
unbind the alt key or switch it to something else like a left click on mouse wheel 
or spare mouse button, my g502 is rigged for mark targets, throwables, aim mode and knock out.
#17575 by SgtT8ie
20-04-2017 13:28
StealtH1S1K wrote:
SgtT8ie wrote:Hi StealtH1S1K, I have a query

How did you take the screen cap of the sniper?  I have an issue when aiming that Ansel is unavailable & then add to the fact that ALT is the option to switch from iron sights to 3rd person... I'm scratching my head.

Have rebound something?  Or do you play in 3rd person aiming mode?

Thanks

oh that. well first when laying down it almost perfectly lines up the rifle 
second option as I have done to multiple games that use alt
unbind the alt key or switch it to something else like a left click on mouse wheel 
or spare mouse button, my g502 is rigged for mark targets, throwables, aim mode and knock out.

Cheers for the info, I'll play around.
I'm running the older brother of your mouse the G500 :) use the side buttons for additional non game functions, so I have an Ansel button, push to talk etc.
Back to Bolivia I go.
#17583 by J8oot
20-04-2017 20:59
I like the concept of Wildlands, it seems like it would be loads of fun. It isn't surprising to me that it isn't perfect, no game is. I may check it out once a decent Holiday sale drops :)
#17749 by GTX Dan
16-05-2017 22:14
I am currenty on the Battlegrounds bandwagon like most of the internet.

Not sure why i like it so much. The tention it builds i guess. No chicken dinners to date.