Images in quotes

Report issues and suggestions for this forum
Abide by the rules
#17111 by Genotype_Jim
19-03-2017 09:46
Hi there,

This just came up as an issue on my Ansel post yesterday when Crystalizer quoted my post. It had an image in it, but instead of the quote showing said image, it just had the image name listed. Here's the post in question: https://anz.forums.geforce.com/viewtopic.php?p=17086#p17086

Is it possible to make the forum show pics in quotes? As you can see, it's confusing otherwise.

Cheers,

Jim
#17114 by Nomming
19-03-2017 16:04
Genotype_Jim wrote:Hi there,

This just came up as an issue on my Ansel post yesterday when Crystalizer quoted my post. It had an image in it, but instead of the quote showing said image, it just had the image name listed. Here's the post in question: https://anz.forums.geforce.com/viewtopic.php?p=17086#p17086

Is it possible to make the forum show pics in quotes? As you can see, it's confusing otherwise.

Cheers,

Jim

honestly, and especially for larger pictures like ANSEL shots, it saves a lot of space per page by just having the image name listed than having the image quoted as well
#17120 by mesaoz
20-03-2017 09:37
automatically turning IMG bbcode tags into URL tags upon quoting is the preferred method.

What really needs to happen is something I suggested a while back - quotes linking back to the quoted post. Then you can just click the quote to go back to the original and see the full context of the post.
#17122 by Genotype_Jim
20-03-2017 10:08
Yeah that'll work!
#17123 by Nomming
20-03-2017 11:02
mesaoz wrote:automatically turning IMG bbcode tags into URL tags upon quoting is the preferred method.

What really needs to happen is something I suggested a while back - quotes linking back to the quoted post. Then you can just click the quote to go back to the original and see the full context of the post.

Yeah this is something that is a major QoL improvement for the forums and should definitely be implemented
#17139 by Crystalizer
20-03-2017 18:18
mesaoz wrote:What really needs to happen is something I suggested a while back - quotes linking back to the quoted post. Then you can just click the quote to go back to the original and see the full context of the post.

I like this idea!
Solves the initial problem here where uploaded attachments can't be quoted, if you quoted IMG tags, it still works.

I was thinking the Spoiler feature that you often see on some other forums would be handy to have too ... less applicable in this instance, but it made me think of it when Nomming mentioned "saving space" lol
#17140 by Genotype_Jim
20-03-2017 19:37
Ooh I give +1 to a spoiler function as well!!!
#17146 by NvidiaANZ
20-03-2017 20:19
Thanks Jim,

Great idea and makes sense. We have passed this on to our Web Team and hopefully will have this included in the next update.

Thanks for sharing.